5.22.2017

It's been Ages!

Every week or so I think I haven't written in oh ages ... I should write something! And then something undoubtedly happens, usually Guiny wakes up from her nap much earlier then expected or I realize that I have more important things to do ... or even worse I can't think of a thing to write! Honestly though the biggest problem is it's been so long I have to many things to write.

So I just need to pick a starting point and .... go!

The Garden ...
 It's so close to completed that it's almost embarrassing that it isn't. Today the garden is getting a lovely drink from the clouds and me a good excuse to stay inside (P.S. I'm writing this on a Thursday but it probably won't get published till later so don't be confused about the rain reference)

So what have I got growing in my garden? Let's see; kale, red cabbage, kholrabi, runner beans, broad beans, green beans, salad radishes as well as Chinese radishes, carrots (Parisian, purple and petite), tomatoes (lemon boy, red and yellow grape, plum and possibly Cherokee purple), bell peppers, Chinese eggplant, cucumber, red and white potatoes, cantaloupe, spaghetti, acorn and butternut squash, red Kuri pumpkin, onions, green onions, chives, garlic, snow peas, strawberries, spinach and chard (hopefully), pac choy (unfortunately it all bolted), lettuce, zucchini, sunflowers, nasturtiums, chamomile, verbena, poppies (hopefully), lemon tree, orange tree and apple tree (which will hopefully bloom this year), mint, thyme, sage, rosemary, lemon balm, basil, oh and a pineapple. Also I'll be planting gourds soon and  a wild/cut flower patch, soon as it stops raining.


I put hopefully after things that I planted but haven't started growing yet.... I'm really starting to loose faith in the chard and spinach it's been weeks now, and nothing.

After all last weeks rain though my small red radishes were huge and a few had started to split and so radishes are the first real harvest of the year. Some went for pretty little tea party delights (mint cream cheese on crackers with sliced cucumber and radish), some were shared some are going in the fridge for salad and the rest are being pickled. I have to say radishes are one of the most most rewarding vegetables to grow.

Also I've discovered that our driveway is lined in blackberry bushes which are absolutely packed with blossoms! There are also some mulberry bushes nearby, wild roses, honey suckle, and lots of wild mint. It's mid may and everything growing


*Note since I wrote this its been about a week and a half (due to blogger hating me and the internet being terrible). The garden fence is now finished my kohlrabi is looking even more bulbous and happy and my strawberries, cucumbers and broad beans are all starting to produce.


No comments:

Post a Comment