3.01.2016

Paper Piecing a Quilt

I like quilts, I like making quilts and I like hand sewing and for a good long while I've been wanting to hand sew a quilt. A few weeks back I was looking for some quilting inspiration on Pinterest when I cam across a method called english paper piecing.

The idea is you cut the geometric shapes of your patern out of paper, then slightly larger pieces of cloth. Using pins, fold and secure the edges of your cloth around the paper giving you a perfect shape. Then simply press the pieces and stich them together. There's a great little tutorial over here at  Buttons and Butterflies.

So the other day I started my own, and I'm going to post my progress on the first of every month. You see, ever since I was a little girl I've had this terrible habit of not finnishing projects. But I'm going to break myself of that and you all and my quilt are going to help me do it. Even if it takes a year or more.

Now, without further a due I present my humble beginnings! 1 down 100 ... Or so-ish to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment