7.06.2016

Shipwreck Adventures

A couple years ago I helped take care of an elderly neighbor of mine and on those late nights she would often tell me stories from when she was just a girl. One night I remember her telling me that there use to be a shipwreck on the south end of the beach and when they were children they would go climb around and play on it. Obviously I liked the story, but I'd been down that way so many times and never seen anything more then a couple of 12x12 beams. So naturally I assumed that the tides had long since pulled it out and down to a watery grave, and I soon after forgot about it.

However, a few months ago I was looking on the satellite view of google maps and what should I happen to see but what looked like a shipwreck. So after excitedly telling Leon (my husband) about it we decided that the next nice weekend we should go on a little family adventure and see what we could see! Needless to say it took us a lot longer then we anticipated for us to get around to it. But the Fourth of July came, and with it time off and clouds. Apparently the ship has been there since 1889, you can read about it here. I guess I should say that technically this area is now a "bird sanctuary" which is of course rediculous, however in my defense the signs use to only say no driving, so on the way down I wasn't even paying attention to them.

At any rate it was a fun day out with my loves, and a nice first outdoors adventure for my little Guin!



No comments:

Post a Comment