7.07.2016

Homemade Pita and Hummis


I love baking, but between summer, an easily overheated kitchen and a needy baby who doesn't like  naps, not much has been going on in that department. However, I recently had a craving for pita and Hummis! Now I had made pita before ( also tortillas and Chinese pancakes, all of them basically flat breads) and I knew it wasn't so complicated, but honestly I forgot just how easy it is. All you need is flour, salt, yeast, oil and water (I also added a couple sprigs of chopped rosemary) and this receipie from Smitten Kitchen. They might not get that perfect pocket in them but they are still perfect for ripping up and dipping in hummus. Which is also amazingly easy to make. For a classic hummus all you need is chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic, but there are a million ways to switch it up. Next time I want to try a cucumber and mint Hummus, I'll let you know if it's any good!

No comments:

Post a Comment