3.30.2016

Blogging Yourself

              
As I'm sure you've all heard before "write about what you know!"  This applies not only to novels but also very much to blogging. I have heard people many times refer to blogging as "online journaling" but to be honest that never made much sense to me. I guess in my mind journaling will always seem at first glance to be the same as keeping a diary and a diary will always in my mind be the place where little girls write silly things they don't want anyone else to read. Now I know of course that that is not at all the case and there are many kinds of journals to record many many different and unique topics. That said, I was think about a post I wrote a little while back call Scattered and I realized that what I wanted my blog to be was not really ... "Me". I was wanting my blog to be like the blogs that I enjoy reading.

To be quite honest, as much as I would love to write about "going to a dinner party at my friends house, eating a delicious dinner of pasta,chicken cutlets and arugula salad with wine and a chocolate pear tart for dessert." Like this post by Joanna Goddard. Or share pictures of the sweet early morning date I had with my husband all dressed up in a cafe in New York like this post from Love Taza. The fact is that I am a very different kind of person, with a very different story and a very different life and that's okay ... it's good. And as much as I might not always like it, it is who I am and that's what makes life fun, the diversity!

So what is my life like? My life is slow, my life is a bit solitary, my life is a baby girl and gardening. My life is waiting all day so I can hug my sweet husband when he gets home. My life is making new things out of old junk. My life is the wind in my hair and the earth between my toes. My life is making the bed and doing some laundry, washing dishes and occasionally making dinner. My life ... is unique and that's part of what makes me me. And that is way beyond okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment