2.29.2016

Being a Green Thumb

"It's practically an addiction or maybe a disease? Ever read those things that say "gardening is better then therapy ...and you get tomatoes" well they are right. I'm not sure how or when it happened but I've turned into a bit of a green thumb and now it seems no matter where I go, I have to grow something. Whether it's from seed or cutting or store bought plants ... It's just a thing, a thing that has to happen!

Though currently staying at my parents house, I'm working on a veggitable garden. As of this morning there are 11 radishes and 13 peas poking their little green heads out of the ground. I've also started some cut and come again lettuce in egg cartons. Not to mention all the stray seeds that have fallen into wet paper towels. I'm also attempting mostly for my mothers sake to grow chrysanthimums (a tea variety), I'm praying that those grow well.

One batch of lettuce sprouts in egg cartons and another in the works.

First promise of spring, sticking it's little green face out of the earth.


                            
Perhaps my gardening dreams are bit big, but some day they may seem small. Check out my Pinterest board Backyard kitchen garden for more ideas on beautiful backyard gardens and how to grow great food!





1 comment:

  1. "Whether it's from seed or cutting or store bought plants ...: or somthing out of someone's trash or garbage left by a street vendor...or whatever...

    ReplyDelete